Although IVF is costly, we have made every effort to keep our fees as reasonable as possible and offer a variety of financial options. We offer lower prices compared to most of the other clinics in our region and, most importantly, consistently excellent pregnancy rates. We are a highly cost-effective program and have great pride in the quality of our individualized care.
Approximately 70% of our patients do not have medical insurance that covers IVF. We are happy to provide financing options if desired. For those with insurance, we can assist with determining your coverage and arranging preauthorization if needed. This must be done before treatment can be scheduled.
Virginia Fertility & IVF currently partners with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- First Health
- Piedmont Community Health Plan
- Stork Club
- United Healthcare
-Subject to change
Working with Your Insurance Carrier
We understand contacting your insurance company regarding your fertility benefits may be a hassle but we highly recommend obtaining these benefits prior to receiving services so you are aware of potential out of pocket costs and non-covered services. They are obligated to provide this information to you and is often delivered only in response to your specific questions. Any time you can receive your benefits in writing, it is highly recommended. You can also review your benefits summary/booklet provided by your employer’s human resource department.
To verify your benefits, please refer to the customer service phone number on your insurance card. For this call you should obtain the representatives name, document the date and time of the call, and request a reference number. Please be aware that if treatment is not covered by your insurance company, payment in full is due at the time of the service.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company
- Does my policy cover diagnostic infertility services?
- Do I need to register for infertility benefits?
- Is diagnosis code N97.9 covered?
- Do I have coverage for the treatment of underlying conditions that may be the cause of my infertility?
- Would CPT codes 58322 & 58323, for IUI, with diagnosis code Z31.89 be covered?
- Would Advanced Reproductive Technology or In Vitro Fertilization – using CPT codes 58970, 58974, for egg retrieval and embryo transfer, 89250 through 89280 for embryology labs, and the diagnosis code Z31.83 be covered?
- Do I have any drug coverage for infertility treatment? If yes, where? (specialty mail order) What drugs? (i.e. Follistim, Gonal-F, Lupron, Menopur, Clomid, hCG).
- Do I need a referral and/or prior authorization for any office visits or procedures? (If yes, please obtain a referral before your visit with us. If you do not, your visit/services may not be covered)
- Have I met my deductible?
- What is my co-pay or co-insurance that will be due?